2008-08-01

This just in...

The wife is start to come aroumd to the survival way of thinking. She is starting to ask me questions. Example: How do you know what going on or going to happen? That was the easy question of them all. Just follow the current events and dig deeper into every story is put out. Don't trust just one side of the story. I asked her if she would be willing to let me interview her and post on the blog and she agreed. So be looking for that to come out in a week or two.

As many of you have noticed I have been awol for a about a week or so. Everything is fine here in the crapper of the east coast. I have been doing to my best to stay focused on prepping and canning. I have some more pickles made, and will be working on salsa tonight. I am looking for a good recipe for make some relish and pepper relish, so if you have one please post it or email it to rookinde@gmail.com.

This is the start of my prepping on the month's topic starting today. So this month prep's will be about food and different items on hand. Now I will buy off topic if it is a good deal to pass up. Plus I am going to try to buy one item this weekend. I just did a weapons check and relized I need to get some shells for my 20ga shotgun. I didn't have any since last season. I know what kind of a prepper am I not to have ammo. That is the one reason we always should do a once over every month to see if there is something that critcal we are missing. I have saw on bear ridge project buckets for storage. I know there are food grade storage buckets, but if your stuff is in cans and boxes will other buckets work as well?

I am going to keep looking for a escape pod as our good friend mayberry calls them. They are crazy to find around my area that are not going to break the bank. I guess thats the price I have to pay for living near the ocean and camp grounds. Now I have to head off to work...

Keep working on your moats as I will as well.

Rook

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really is funny watching people who do not believe come around. Most people know bad things are happening but refuse to see it.

Mayberry said...

Congrats Rook, you are achieving the nearly impossible. Changing a woman's mind! Heh heh heh. Gimme some pointers, cuz I'm at a complete loss.....

Jess (Ozark Momma) said...

Okay...not EXACTLY what you're looking for recipe wise Rook, but the Zuke Relish one I have here is darn good: http://hubpages.com/hub/Eating-Local--Using-what-you-have

Mom has a good one too, I'll have to snag it from her.

Anonymous said...

I would have to ask you where is your faith in God being in control. I have not read anything in these post referring to God or the scriptures. Also what is with calling the government the beast?
I for one will pray for you and your family that you turn to God's word for the real truth not the fake statements in the links you have on this blog.
Remember that Jesus even says you need to live your life in accordance to the laws of man unless they are in contradiction to God's laws. A lot of what I am reading here seems to want to put fear in to the general population.